Information collected online & via telephone is typically defined as being either ‘Anonymous’ or ‘Personally Identifiable’:
Personally Identifiable Information means information that tells us something specific about an individual, such as their name, email address or phone number. We need this type of information to provide the personalized services that a user requests, specifically, we need this type of information so we may contact you. We hope that you will find it beneficial to provide any requested ‘Personally Identifiable Information’ to SoCalHomeBuyers.com so that we may provide you with our most valuable services to you.
So Cal Home Buyers is a Real Estate Investment company, subsidiary of Signature Capital Group, Inc., and is owned and operated by Douglas Van Soest.
We assist Homeowners in Southern California, sell unwanted real estate that is causing stress or problems in their lives.
Our website address is: https://socalhomebuyers.com.
Our office address is located at:
24641 Washington Ave.,
Murrieta, CA 92562
Office Hours: Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm)
Our Commitment to You as a User of Our Site
SoCalHomeBuyers.com is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. When you request SoCalHomeBuyers.com’s online services, the information provided to us by you, is used only to provide our home selling services, to deliver email notifications to you (or to people you designate as your recipients), and from time to time, validate your identity to proceed with the sales process. Although a limited amount of information is required by us to serve you, our Data Collection Policy otherwise allows you to choose how much information you willingly provide to us.
The Information We Collect
“Anonymous” and “Personally Identifiable Information,” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual, that you consent to submit through the forms contained on our Site when requesting a cash offer on your property.
Our forms will collect the follow “Personal Information” including: Name, Home, Work or Cell Phone Number (whichever is provided), Email Address & Property Address. Through our consultation call we may request the following additional details to make you an offer for your property: Subdivision, Mailing Address (if different than Property Address), Property Status, Property Information (number of bedrooms, bathrooms, stories, square footage of real estate, lot size, age, condition of the property, garage and basement, property value), Mortgage Information (first mortgage balance, additional mortgage balance, combined balance of all mortgages and debt, combined monthly payments on mortgages and debt, current payment status, amount owed for back payments), and Selling Information (reason for selling, time frame, listing status, sale price requested).
How long we retain data
If you leave a comment on the site, the comment and its metadata (your email address, the time you posted the comment, the name you used to post the comment) are retained indefinitely. We do that because we want to preserve good questions and answered that are posted on the site throughout the years. However, if you want your comment deleted, you only need to tell us and we will do that for you. Website administrators can see and edit that information.
The email address you use to request a cash offer (through Aweber) is routinely moved after the successful sale of your home. It is also removed if requested or if you choose to unsubscribe from the mailing list (you can do that by using the links at the bottom of any email we send you).
The data Google Analytics collects about your visit on the site (the site you came from, pages visited, time spent on each page, the device used, your age group, etc) are stored for 26 months. Like mentioned before, these are in no way linked to Personally Identifiable Information. We can’t know it was you who visited the site from this data.
How We Use Your Information
If you are providing us Personally Identifiable Information, it will be used within SoCalHomeBuyers.com’s system to deliver our services. SoCalHomeBuyers.com does not sell, share or provide your information to any third party without your explicit consent. Personal Information is an integral part of our service to best serve you, therefore we are not in the business of giving it to others.
We share Personal Information only as described below and with essential affiliates of So Cal Home buyers that assist us in the transaction and escrow processes.
We regularly work with and employ other agencies or agents to assist with functions on our behalf including but not limited to: analyzing data, providing market insight and analysis as well as Customer Support.
Through the development of our business, we may sell or buy business units. These transactions will include, Personal Information as one of the assets to the business. In the event So Cal Home Buyers or all of it’s assets are acquired, Personal Information is subject to transference of the business.
Referrals to Realtors
In some instances, we may share your Personal Information with Realtors who are not related to So Cal Home Buyers with your consent, for the purpose of facilitating a transaction involving a property submitted through a form on our website. In some cases, we may believe a realtor may provide a better solution to your individual needs that our service is unable to offer. In these cases the information is shared with the Realtor to facilitate your requirements without delay.
We may use Personal Information for our own internal statistical, design, and operational purposes such as to estimate our audience size; and understand demographic, customer interest, and other trends among our guests.
SoCalHomeBuyers.com operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. When visiting our website, Google Analytics allows us to log the IP address used along with the dates and times of access. We use this information to analyze trends (how many people visit us each month), track users movement (see which pages are most popular and how many pages people visit on the site), and gather broad demographic information (the age groups our website is most popular with or what percentage of our visitors are male and what percentage are female). We use this information strictly to improve your experience on the site and to help us market our services to the right audience.
Most importantly, any recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. That means we may see that a user is currently on the home page of our site but we cannot identify who he or she is. Other information may be collected as well, such as the source that referred you to our website. Likewise, your duration on our website, and your destination when you leave our website can also be tracked. Other common data collected include the age group you’re part of, the browser you’re using and the type of operating system your computer uses. Again, this is common data collection, and we use it to produce a better experience on our site.
Any users information that is collected through our contact forms are used for the sole purpose of communicating with it’s visitors. None of this information is disclosed through any other platform or 3rd party service. Submission of our contact form on this site, will record the information in the form as well as your IP address for Administrative reference.
Text Message Compliance Registration:
In addition to our commitment to protecting your privacy, we want to inform you about the compliance rules and regulations regarding text messaging between businesses and individuals, which may impact your interaction with SoCal Home Buyers. These rules, regulated by The Campaign Registry (TCR), are designed to ensure businesses adhere to responsible practices when sending text messages to individuals. Here’s what you need to know:
Compliance with Text Message Rules:
- As of September 1, 2023, new compliance rules have been established for text messaging interactions between businesses and individuals. These rules are intended to enhance the quality of text message delivery and protect individuals from spam and unsolicited messages.
- Mobile carriers now require businesses to register with TCR to send text messages, and this applies to interactions initiated through our website.
- By using our services and providing your contact information, you acknowledge that you may receive text messages related to our services, such as updates or offers.
- We want to assure you that we are committed to complying with these regulations and providing you with a secure and respectful text messaging experience.
Your Consent Matters:
- We respect your privacy and will only send text messages to individuals who have consented to receive communication from us.
- Consent cannot be obtained from third-party lists, and it must be directly provided by you.
- We may request proof of your consent if necessary.
- You can always opt-out of receiving text messages from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in our messages.
Protecting Your Data:
- Your privacy is important to us, and we will not share your contact information with third parties for text message purposes without your explicit consent.
- We may share your information with essential affiliates of SoCal Home Buyers, such as agents and partners who assist us in providing our services. However, your data will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
This new section will inform users about your compliance with text message regulations and their consent to receive text messages related to your services. It ensures transparency and aligns with privacy best practices.
“Cookies” are pieces of data sent from a website to your internet browser and stored there. Cookies allow us to customize and improve your web experience. On each page of our website you can see which cookies are in use. If you’re using Google Chrome, click on the green lock on the left of the website URL in your Internet Browser and you will be able to see which cookies are in use:
You can easily make adjustments in your web browser to disable cookies if you choose to do so:
However, refusing cookies may disable some of our website features and reduce its functionality.
We have implemented the following:
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- GoogleGoogle AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/adsGoogle also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- FacebookFacebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
Our site is not for or intended to collect the Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18.
In accordance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, children under the age of 18 should not provide any Personally Identifiable Information on this website.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there.
Your right over your data
You have the right to be forgotten. You can always ask us to delete any and all information that our site or platforms have collected about you. However, this does not include any data we are obligated to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. If you have an account on this site our our platforms, you can request to receive a file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us by contacting: email@example.com
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you on this site at: firstname.lastname@example.org